Divorce is one of the most emotional and stressful times in anyone's life. It can be difficult to know who to trust. You aren't in this alone. Contact the Law Offices of Steven T. Polino, P.L.L.C. for assistance with spousal maintenance, child support and more in Bedford, TX.
Spousal maintenance in the state of Texas has strict laws governing its limits. A judge can order a spouse to pay no more than $5000 a month or 20% of their average gross income. Whether you're seeking to reduce your obligations or increase received payments, call 817-992-6359 today for a free consultation.
What are the grounds for annulment in Texas?
Much more than a simple separation, an annulment makes an entire marriage legally invalid. If you're seeking an annulment, there are specific criteria that must be met to qualify. A marriage can be annulled if:
- A spouse of the marriage was under the age of 18
- A spouse was under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
- Either spouse is permanently impotent
- A spouse was convinced to marry the other spouse by fraud, duress or force
- A spouse lacked the mental capacity to enter into the marriage
- A spouse concealed a prior divorce
- The spouses were married within 72 hours of the marriage license being issued
If you believe you qualify and would like to move forward, speak with us today to discuss the details with an experienced attorney.